Welcome to the QIAT Website
A resource for educators and families interested in learning more about Assistive Technology
Tools and Strategies to Improve your Practice.
Working at QIAT Summit
The QIAT Summit and conferences help all AT enthusiasts to participate and share their knowledge.
Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology Home
Welcome... to the QIAT website, the official site of the QIAT Community
The QIAT Community is a nationwide grassroots group that includes hundreds of individuals who provide input into the ongoing process of identifying, disseminating, and implementing a set of widely-applicable Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology Services in school settings that can be used as a tool to support:
- assistive technology service providers as they evaluate and constantly improve their services
- consumers of assistive technology services as they seek adequate assistive technology services which meet their needs
- universities and professional developers as they conduct research and deliver programs that promote the development of the competencies needed to provide quality assistive technology services
- policy makers as they attempt to develop judicious and equitable policies related to assistive technology services.
The website supports QIAT's mission of guiding the development and delivery of quality assistive technology services by providing the QIAT Community with a gateway to resources.
Working at QIAT Summit
QIAT Webinars Series
If you need resources to support effective implementation, or if you are not sure about your role in a child’s team process of AT implementation, this session will be of value. The QIAT Leadership Team will share the Quality Indicators for Implementation of Assistive Technology in the IEP. We will provide strategies for implementation, options to support effective practice, and principles to guide improvement at the building or district or level.
Series 6 - Evaluation of the Effectiveness of AT
Wed, Mar. 19th at 11:30 AM CST
New Documents Posted in Resources:
- iOS Word Prediction Apps Comparison Chart
- A Resource Guide for Assistive Technology for Students with Visual Impairments
QIAT List sign-up!
Easy access to the QIAT List for new and current subscribers.